Followers of the Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to defeat Satan

2 posters

Go down

How to defeat Satan Empty How to defeat Satan

Post  Aaron Sun May 24, 2009 3:01 pm

The War
This series will take an in depth look at the war being waged upon humanity by the devil and his forces. I will examine Satan’s tactics, the scope and limits of his power and the ways to defend against his deceit and destructive intentions.

Satan’s Nature

In order to comprehensively understand the tactics Satan uses against us we must understand his nature. In other words we must ask ourselves what makes him evil so that he would attempt to destroy us. When the name Satan or Lucifer is mentioned, often the first thing that comes to mind is some kind of horrific monster with horns and claws, something that is vile and terrifying that inhabits a fiery pit. Satan is almost always associated with what people consider to be evil and dark. If this is true I think that it would be pretty easy to identify Satan and his evil anywhere you go and avoid it. What most people do not understand is that Satan, though he is pure evil, inhabits whatever form is most appealing and pleasing to people. In fact, he becomes everything that you might consider to be beautiful and desirable. Satan (Lucifer) was once a high ranking angel, specifically an archangel, one of three God created to preside over the angles in heaven (the other two being Michael and Gabriel). He was one of the most beautiful angels that God had created, the name Lucifer actually means “Light-Bringer.” When he appeared to speak to people they would perceive his radiance as the glory of God. Because of this Lucifer became arrogant and prideful and considered himself equal to God. Lucifer contended that he could do things his own way outside of God’s will. Lucifer believed that he as the creation could be greater than God the creator. His pride and arrogance were his undoing as illustrated in Isaiah:

Isaiah 14:12-15 (King James Version)

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit

When we examine this scripture we know that Lucifer has the desire to exalt himself and his throne just like the most high, which is God himself. However, only God is to be exalted not any other being.
(Exalt) to raise in rank, power or character, to elevate by praise or in estimation: Glorify. – Webster’s Dictionary
It is also illustrated that the consequence for attempting this was Lucifer’s fall from heaven and his place next to God being lost. When God told Lucifer he was not equal Lucifer used his power to deceive one third of the angles in heaven to follow him and rise against God and the remaining angels. (This number suggests that each of the three archangels may have held charge over one third of the angelic host.) The result:

Revelation 12:7-9 (King James Version)

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

This passage of scripture provides us insight into the first characteristic of Lucifer, he is a deceiver, one so skilled that he has power to deceive the entire world. Satan was cast out of heaven into the earth in which he dwells among us. He has subsequently established his kingdom here on earth with the power over the people of this world. He manipulates those that are vulnerable and attacks any who oppose him in which we will learn how in following lessons.

John 8:44 (New International Version)

44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

The above scripture states that Lucifer was a murderer from the beginning, in which God is referring to the time he was first created. His instinct is to kill and cause destruction wherever he goes. Later in John 10:10 a reference is made to a thief who comes only to steal, kill and destroy. Lucifer acts in the same manner as a thief because his desire is to steal our souls and keep them from the presence of God, kill us and destroy our lives. Satan is also referred to as the father of lies which ties into his deceitful nature as one of the most common tricks he uses against us. The Lies of the Devil can be seen everywhere if you only look beneath the surface of what you are taught to believe. The final aspect that is significant about Lucifer’s character is illustrated in 1 Peter.

1 Peter 5:8 (New International Version)

8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

He is seeking us out as a predator mercilessly hunts its prey and will consume us the first chance he gets. Satan is our enemy, the greatest adversary anyone could possibly face. Just as an insect caught in a spider’s web cannot reason or bargain with the spider, we can not negotiate with the Devil. So now we have a picture of the nature of Satan. He is a masterfully deceptive predator who hunts humans. He attacks us when we are vulnerable and creates a web of lies to ensnare us so that he can murder us when we are defenseless. Lucifer is arrogant and prideful in thinking that he can be equal to God and he does not care about anything or anyone but himself as we can conclude from seeing how he deceives man and angels leading them to destruction. He is cold and calculated like an assassin waiting in the night. You must be on your guard at all times.

Aaron

Back to top Go down

How to defeat Satan Empty thanks man

Post  Luke Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks man, that is really good! I like that analogy about the spider and the spider's web. Can't wait to read the next post Very Happy
Luke
Luke

http://terminalage.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum